Okay, so for those of you like me who have wya to much Jewelry to know what to do with, you can make these simple and cute boards. I was tired of trying to untangle my necklaces every time I go to wear one and even my two jewelry boxes where beginning to be crowded. Here are a few simple steps to make your own.
Materials needed:
Cork Board (any size you like)
Fabric of your choice (I bought a yard for this and had leftovers)
Cute bottons to match your fabric (9 or ten for this size)
Thumb tacs ( have to be the ones that come out far not the flat ones)
Hot glue gun
Now all you need to do is cut out the fabric to fit the board (about 2 inches around to glue down)
Make sure you pull the fabric tight when you glue
Now glue your buttons to the tacs
Place them where you like on the board and Viola your done, start hanging those necklaces. I have become kinda obsessed with buttons and fabric lately and I found this little shop downtown that has hundreds and hundreds of buttons. They have a ton of old fashioned buttons that are gold and silver and pendants too. It's bad for my money bag.
This is my jewelry box after I took out the necklaces to go on the board. Much more organized now. And I can actually find what I'm looking for.
Monday, April 21, 2008
Jewelry Board
Posted by
emmielou
at
7:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is such a cute idea. I wish I was creative like that. I actually just bought a bigger jewelry stand, so I could fit more jewelry in it. I will have to keep the board thing in mind. Sounds like you will be busy with lots of visitors. That has to be so exciting and lucky them to have someone to visit in such a cool place.
So cute, Em...I think that would be cute to do in Lily's room too. She has a bunch of necklaces. I don't even have them in a jewelry box. They're just hanging from random door knobs throughout the house, LOL.
That board is so cute, and such a great idea! I might have to try it out!
Post a Comment