Friday, September 12, 2008

ONE MORE DAY!

My big/exciting news is that my hubby flies in tomorrow! I couldn't be more excited. I last saw him about two months ago and even though that is actually a short time of separation for us, it has still been way too long. He has two weeks leave and then we fly back to Germany. For those of you that haven't heard the bad news yet, Jonathan will be deploying again to Iraq. His company is due to leave around Nov/Dec but they are allowing him to stay back until the baby is born. So, that means he will be with me for 2 weeks after the baby is born and then has to report to Iraq with the rest of the boys. This has been pretty devastating to me because he was due to get out of the Army in March/April but with the stoploss will be spending an extra year in Iraq. I am trying really hard though to stay positive and just be grateful they are letting him stay until the baby is born. What does this all mean for me you ask? Yep folks, round two living back with my parents only with our little one too this time. I will be moving back to AZ before the baby is born, sometime in Dec/ Jan. I know it's a long road ahead and I try not to even think about how hard it will be for him to leave me and a newborn, but we will survive! Thank you to all my friends and family for your love and support. And especially to my parents for graciously allowing me and a baby to live with them. I couldn't ask for better parents and know they will help me get through the next year with the baby. Sorry this was an extremely long post, but I know a lot of you have been asking what the news on Jonathan is and all that fun stuff.

9 comments:

dan and ashley said...

im trying to figure out why you're not finding out SATURDAY when he gets here!!!

Kristen P. said...

O Emily! You are so brave and have the best out look on things! We are going to love having you closer! You always remind me to stay positive. I'm glad he will be here for the birth, and you will have your mom too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Emily. you are pretty strong to go through what you have. I didn't know Jonathan is leaving for Iraq for a whole year. I just found out by reading your blog. I am soo sorry to hear, it must be heart breaking, because you get so excited that he is coming home in march/april and then your hopes are shot down.
Well we can't wait to see you both, too bad you can't hide in a cave with just you and john and then you can have him to yourself. I know that is how I would feel if it was my hunny coming home.
Take care. Love Mary

ANDERSONS said...

Emily I cant believe how brave and strong you are to have to be seperated from your husband like that, it would be so hard for me and I know it is for you to but you are doing so good thinking postive but that is wonderful news that he will be able to see his precious baby be born cause that is such a neat experience for both you and when you think you love your husband with all your heart its amazing how much more you can love someone when you look at eachother with your little baby in your arms. Wish you luck and if you ever need anything please let me know.

Flaherty Fam said...

Oh my goodness, I just wanted to cry when I read this post. I can't imagine what you must be going through knowing your hubby will be gone again and with your new little one. You are an amazing girl and I know will be able to get through these crazy times. It's kind of fun to think you will have a piece of Jonathan with you always once your baby is born.

Anonymous said...

I am crying right now, but only a little. I love you guys.

CB

Rooney Family said...

You are the bravest person I know. I could not imagine going through this. I also can't imagine how John feels leaving you and your new baby. Just remember it will be worth it in the end when he wont have to do this again. It will all be worth it. Good luck! Having a baby is the best time of your life. Enjoy every second because it goes yb faster than you can imagine. P.S. When do you find out what you are having?

Joanna said...

Hey boo! he's back. I hope you two are having fun hanging out with your families. I will call you later to see how the airport went. Thanks so much for dinner on friday. Love you, and glad Jonathan is finally home! (at least for now anyway.)

Aunt Tawnya said...

I love the new haircut it is so you Em. I am so glad your hubby has made it home and you guys can spend sometime together. Oh I can't wait to find out about the baby this week! YEAH!!! I just got back from Utah...the girls miss you. When you move back I will always be here to help you I would love to babysit. Plus we can hang out more!!! YEAH!
Love you Em!