My version of the Carrot Cupcakes. May not look as pretty as the one in the magazine, but they taste yummy.
This is what you call a White Easter. Weird I know, I have never had a White Christmas yet alone a White Easter. This pic is from my kitchen window. It's been so cold and snowy and rainy. Today I looked up the weather to see if I wanted to ride my bike to the gym. It's 28 degrees but feels like 20 is what the weather report said. So, I chickened out on riding my bike, plus it's snowing.
Now, I had to post this picture because you can see how "happy" Jon is. You can see the pain in his face. You see he has what he refers to as Mr. Boil. Let me explain. Jon has been getting these weird bacterial infections. He first got one on his nose that pretty much took over his nose. He looked like rudolph. It was so sensitive I couldn't even kiss him for days in case it got bumped. Then he got an infection on the bottom of his foot, which was a hard ball the size of a dime. He performed surgery on himself and drenched it with alcohol. Next, the worse of them all, came this huge boil like infection right on his butt the size of a golf ball and hard as one too. Day 3 of the boil his lymph nodes by his groin became hard and swollen too. He has been in so much pain I have never seen him like this. We were told by a doctor in our ward to put heat on it to help bring the infection to the surface. Well, after 2 days of heat still no good. Last night he was up all night because it hurt too much to sleep. He went to the doctor this morning and they put him on some meds. They gave him a shot too. The doc said it is probably a bacteria he picked up in Iraq that keeps spreading through his body, Possibly turned into a staph infection. Poor guy, I feel so bad and can't wait to have my happy husband back without any pain. As for now this "Mr. Boil" is taking over our lives. =(


4 comments:
Oh how awful! And there's nothing else they can do?
bacteria, staff infection, lymph nodes. what does this all mean? do you need me to send some drugs to Germany, it's completely illegal but I would do it for you.
sounds horrible. Tell the poor guy we are wishing him wellness soon. Yikes, I am sure the one on the keester was really fun to deal with. BTW-your carrot cupcakes look delicious and want you to make them the next time we get to see you.
Oh that is absolutely horrific! That stuff is serious business! I hope he gets better soon, it's never fun having a sick husband!
Post a Comment