Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random Pics!

I want to sream right now. I just finished this post and then it deleted everything before I published it. Dang, I'll start again.

Check out the dark clouds rollin in. Today I got rained on and hailed on during my bike ride home. Not Fun! This is the street we live on with our German neighbor doing some yard work. He thought I was taking a pic of him and kept looking at me weird.

Some new purchases. I picked up a few things at the PX on base yesterday. I had to get these things since they are the colors I was just discussing, green and burnt red/orange. You can't really tell the colors on here but they look super cute. So, I guess this means I'm going for this palette with my browns.

Picked up this mini stand for my wedding album that can now get looked at instead of just getting dusty on my shelf.

I had to get this cook book stand. Lori my sis has the same one in red and then I saw it at the PX. I have really been into cooking since I got here, and we have tried a different recipe almost every night. Some we have really enjoyed and some not so much. I just got a slow cooker magazine and am so pumped about it. I love using my crock pot and they have some yummy looking stuff in this magazine. I am very OCD about this new cooking thing and write down what each meal is for each night in my calender. I make sure to put down what book and page number. So each week I go shopping one day for the entire week and go through my menu and make my grocery list for that week. It has been working out great so far. I know we probably won't continue trying new things every night, but for now it's fun seeing what we like and don't. I even put a star by the ones we like so I remember months from now what was good. Yes, I am weird but I do loved to be organized. Sorry such a long and most likely boring post.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Linds said...

I love the decor! Especially the cook book stand, I want one! :)

Heather said...

HI Emily,

Sorry I'm just now responding from the post on my blog. It is funny the things you remember from high school.

Love your new decorations and your bike path is amazing. Crap, I really need to go to Germany! My parents were in the army for 25 years before I was born and my mom has the coolest things from when she lived in Germany! I'm jealous!

Lacey said...

Love the stuff and the bike path to the gym, wow! Definately better than my drive to the gym, I am jealous. I would love to be outside if it was that beautiful. Love you sis!

Aunt Tawnya said...

Emily,
You are the cutest!!! I was in that Salon Boutique last week and I went into Leah's shop. It's very cute. I went to introduce myself to her. Anyway I am going to go buy some product from her that I had gotten from you. It looks like things are going very well for you. I love all your cute decorating. You just need Vanessa to fly to Germany to help you out!!! Miss you! Love you!

Flaherty Fam said...

Looks like you are picking out some way cute stuff for your place. I love the cookbook stand and all the fun colors of your last post. I wish we had "bike paths" with that kind of scenery. When I go running, I am always imaganing I somewhere like your pics.