Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nearly died!

I just had to share my very frightening experience yesterday. It started out a normal day. I was at the store looking around for some cute home decor, which I found and will post some pics later. I then ran into a friend of Jonathan's from work at the base, and he had the day off. He was shopping for an engagement ring and wanted me to come with him to downtown Wurzburg, about 20 minutes away. I was all for this great plan since A. I have absolutely nothing going on in my life, and B. what girl doesn't like shopping for jewelery. So we manage to put my bike in his back seat drop it off and hit the rode. Well, on our way home we were getting off the on ramp onto the autobahn, when our car lost control and started hydroplaning. We swerved to the left then to the right into the next lane and then did a full 180 turn and ran into the guardrail facing oncoming traffic. It seriously scared the crap out of me. It felt like we where in slow motion waiting to be hit head on. I gripped the side of the car and just prayed for all the other cars to be alert and stop in time. It really was a miracle that no cars where in the lane next to us while we were spinning and that all the cars behind us came to a safe stop before ramming into us. Let me just remind you that there is no speed limit on the autobahn and cars are always zooming by in the left lane that we were facing in. All I know is that we were watched over yesterday. Usually accidents on the autobahn are either fatal or dang near close. We drove away with only a minor bump in the back where we hit the guard rail. I called Jon right after and told him I loved him. It really makes you realize how fast your life can change. Boss (the guy I was driving with) wasn't speeding we were going on maybe 25 mph entering the freeway, and neither one of us saw a puddle and there was no ice. It was just one of those weird flukes. Anyway, sorry for the extremely long post but I just wanted to tell you all to not take anything for granted, life is just too short and unpredictable. Jonathan has to work all night tonight, so I have the house all to my lonesome.=( I think I'm going to start 1st season of Prison Break. Love you all!!!!

10 comments:

Tifani said...

Oh my word Em that is so freaking scary!! I am so so so glad that the two of you were okay!! Ever heard the saying don't drive faster than your angels can fly, yeah well maybe that should be their moto over their!! I am glad you guys weren't going any faster than 25 it might have been a different outcome!! Love ya tons and please be careful. this experience just goes to show that our prayers are being answered. love ya Tif

ANDERSONS said...

That is so crazy and I am so gald you guys are ok! And that is totally ture that no one should take life for granted! You just love the people around you and create wonderful memories and always be happy! You have always been a happy person!

Flaherty Fam said...

OMG that is so scary. I am glad to hear you are still alive and okay. It's those kind of moments that make you grateful for life and everything you have.

Joanna said...

Emily stay off the autobahn!! Just kidding- but really, be safe. Love you and miss you.

Leah Fitts said...

LOOKOUT! What the devil is going on. Tell everyone to be careful with my emily! I love you and miss you!

RegaNater said...

Emmy, I am so happy that you are safe! Are you kidding me though, that is so scary. You are the luckyest girl alive!

Aunt Tawnya said...

Emily,
Wow that is so scary!!! Hope all is well!! Does your friend sell the Soma products at her salon??? Miss you so much!! When are you coming back, I want to go out to breakfast again!!! Love you!!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

How scary!!! I'm glad that you guys are ok! Sounds like your doin good and happy to be back with your hubby. Your pictures are so cute! Miss you and love you!

Unknown said...

Dont go dyin on me Em!!!

Taya said...

ok... i dunno why my last comment showed up as Dennis' name but it was not Dennis. Its Mataya