Monday, March 17, 2008

I Love You Mom!

Today is not only St. Patricks Day, But more importantly it is my amazing mothers birthday. I just want to write down a few of the many reasons I love my mommy so much.
1. My mom amazes me with all the talents she has obtained throughout her life. She is always trying something new and different and is great at no matter what she does.
2. She has the most caring and loving heart and will open her door to anyone in need of help. Her example to me is everything.
3. She knows exactly what to say to me when I am having a hard time or in need of advice. She never gets annoyed by my constant calls with simple questions like "Mom, how long do I cook broccoli for?" Or "Mom is vegetable oil and canola oil the same thing?" You are probably thinking what an idiot, but that's what I love about my mom is she never makes me feel stupid for not knowing these basic things.
4. She can always make me laugh with her goofy little dances she does which I absolutely love!
5. When I'm sick no one can take care of me like her, moms just know things that nobody else does. Even being married and no longer a little kid, I will never get sick of being babied by my mom when sick.
6. She is so smart and rocks at Scrabble. She often uses words that I am not sure of the meaning, which then inspires me to look it up and maybe try and use it in my vocabulary. Thanks for making me just a little bit smarter.
7. I look at her strength and passion for being a mom and only hope to someday be a mother to my kids like she was to the 7 of us kids. I have a lot to learn still if I want to even come close to her.
8. She truly cares about people and is the most non judgemental person. I can talk to her about anything and I love that we have established that kind of relationship over the last few years. She seriously never gossips or speaks ill of others and to me that is just amazing and something I want to work on. In saying that, I know I could tell her anything and it would never leave her lips without my consent. I love the trust I have in you mom, and to me that is priceless.
9. I love cuddling up on the couch with her and watching old movies. Or if an incredibly sappy and cheesy Lifetime or Hallmark movie happens to be on, we'll watch those.
10. She can out shop about anyone I know, including me which says a lot. I'll never forget our countless shopping trips together. Trying on a million outfits together and then hitting up a much needed lunch break.
Basically, I love my mom so much and can't even put into words what she means to me and the amazing role she has played in my life. I really look up to her in every way. I will cherish always the many memories I have with her and can't wait to start my own family and have my kids make many memories with their Meme(grandma). I know they will love her just as much as I do. Happy Birthday Mom, I hope you do something special. I wish I was there to celebrate with you.




My mom and all her adorable sisters on their girl trip.

7 comments:

Greg said...

I saw your post about your mom. I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.

Gregory E. Lang
Author, Daddy’s Little Girl

Tifani said...

Happy birthday to Marcia. We love you!!!

Allred's said...

WOW, check greg out over there. Your awesome. Hey this is Amy Allred, and I found you on Tiff's blog. Anyways, I seriously miss my hair designer. Okay, so I called the salon, and they told me you had been gone for awhile, but I just had a baby, and was in serious need of a touch up. So I went to a local salon, and 6 hours and three times over, I came out of the salon disappointed. Can you come back to America? just teasing. You look great and I would go with the red for your house accents. I love the browns and reds together, but of course that is just a personal oppinion. Lot's of love, and super glad to see that you and your husband are back in one another's arms.

Truly and Shane said...

Em! Ok I saw that you loved the Twilight series...as did I!!!! My Aunt found another series about vampires. She jokes that its a secret or something because not many people know about them. The first one is 'Marked' and the second one is called "Betrayal" I haven't started them yet but she said she was jealous that I'm just getting into them. You should give it a try...

Aunt Tawnya said...

Emily,
That was the sweetest thing I have ever read. I don't even know your mom but now I think she is amazing!! Love you. Miss you.

Lacey said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto, is all I have to say!!!! I too Love my MOM so very much and couldn't have said all those wonderful things better than you did Em. Love ya!

TheShumWAYS said...

What a sweet tribute and hey now you will be famous with greg :)