This post is basically going to be bragging about my amazing husband. Jonathan was accepted to Sniper School. We didn't think he was going to be able to go because he had it all set up with the Lt. of the Sniper Unit, but when he went to turn his papers in to his 1st Serg. and Lt. they rejected it because they didn't want him leaving their Platoon. It was actually a huge compliment from these higher ups because they sat him down and told him they couldn't let him go cuz he is too good of a leader and they need him, saying he was too valuable. So, they offered him some other schooling and told him not to worry they would hook him up. He has wanted to do Sniper school since before he enlisted. But they now decided to send him to Sniper and just keep him in their Platoon as the Platoon Sniper. He is so excited about it. Unfortunately it's another 5 weeks but I am totally supportive knowing how bad he wants this. Plus I look at it as getting as many things under his belt while we don't have kids. This will look really good on his "record" for future plans. I am kinda relieved to because he was considering trying out for Ranger School which is pretty intense. It's a couple months long and they only eat one MRE (meal ready replacement) a day. Pretty much they starve and he does not have any weight to lose. He would come back skin and bones. He also just accomplished getting his Expert Infantry Badge. Out of 90 guys only 9 passed and he was one of them. Way to go HONEY! Anyway, I am just so proud of him, he's so good at what he does. Sorry for the extra long post if you made it through to here congrats. =)
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Congrats!!! I love when life takes wonderful turns. Totally do as much as you can before kids, there's no turning back after that.
Way to go for Jon, that's so cool he enjoys it so much and is doing so well! I can't believe that it's still so cold there. Hey email me garlocks@cox.net if you want to view our blog.
wow congrats that is soooo good. so my pics are coming. i promise. i miss you
my husband would be so jealous! that is big time! how cool.. i love all your pics and posts below.. you are beautiful!
That is so great! I think Jon will make a great sniper. Plus, that just SOUNDS cool, ya know? Remind me how long you guys will be there? I may come visit if you'll still be there during/after this summer!
Emily congrats to your husband that is awesome and such a huge accomplishment. I love looking at your blog you and your husband are so cute!
Congrats! That's so awesome! You such a good supporting wife! Well, miss you, hope everything is going good for you guys!
Yeah Jonathan!!! That is so exciting to hear. Sounds like Jon though. So another 5 weeks without your man. Im sorry, you are such a good supportive wife. Nate mentioned the airforce and I just about lost it. I was being selfish. Looks like I will have to have another talk with him. Your such a strong woman. I dont think I could do it(:
So I know you hate me for my blog neglect but I finally posted something new and will have more pics soon! I am so happy for Jon thats great! Greg just started training Johnny, I feel bad for the guy he seems lonely without Jon here! hopefully now he and greg will hang out more! Hows your brows and eyeliner did they stay good? well miss you and I have exciting news for you and I want to tell you so I need your email address or something!
Sounds like the military, hanging a carrot over your head to make you re-enlist and telling you what you want to hear and not the truth! Just keep you're eyes sharp (sniper school, and all those military wolves)! Anyway, having support from people above those directly over you will be your only true support! Way to go Jonathan!
YEAH!!! I'm so excited for Jonathan. All his dreams are coming true... perfect wife and now sniper school. I'm still waiting for news of a neice or nephew. Love and miss you guys. Can't wait until we get to hang out again... Smooches.
Post a Comment