Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good news and bad news!

Well, the good news is that Jonathan and I got our German drivers licenses' today which means we can now buy a car. It will be nice to be able and go get groceries without having to pack it back home on our backs. Jo, you know what I mean. Anyway, the bad news is that Jonathan found out yesterday that he has a mandatory leadership training class on Jan 16th for an entire month. It is in another city in Germany and won't be allowed to see me for the whole month. I am so sad, I just got him back after these last 2 years and now another month alone, gosh dang it. But it is good for Jonathan career wise cuz it helps him get promoted to Sergent. Anybody want to come live with me for a month? wink wink Probably not since it is in the middle of winter at that point. Agghh what will I do with my time for a month in Germany when it's freezing cold? Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Taya said...

Umm yes i suggest that you move back to America! Easy enough? Wow I have the best ideas! Haha... but seriously i would come live with you in a heart beat if the flight alone didnt clean out my bank account. But I love you and miss you and will write you an email back soon. It kinda takes me a while if you havent noticed! luv ya

Aunt Tawnya said...

I want to come!!! Let's see who could take care of my kids for a month...ummmmmm We would have a blast!!! Can you come home for a month???!!!! Miss you tons. We are off to San Diego this weekend for Max's game. Love you tons!!!

Lacey said...

Em that stinks so bad. Hey about the hair, sorry I just haven't taken a pic yet but I will soon. The color didn't take at all. It was really weird. She didn't charge me and I am going back Friday and she is going to do a semi color on it. She sais for some reason when people's hair won't take or hold the color she has better luck with the semi. So we will see. I like the highlights just the rest didn't take well. She did a level 5 and it looks like a 7.

The Lake's said...

Hey girl! ok can I just say that stinks! I guess you could look at the bright side that at least he will still be in germany! thanks for the birthday note i had a good one. If i could i would come visit you but i dont think greg or abby would like it to much if i went to another country for a month! You are right about abby she does give me a run for my money but i totally deserve whatever is coming to me after what i put my poor mom through! I miss you tons and hope everything else is going well there!

Linds said...

A month alone is such a bummer! RyanAir has super cheap flights, you could check out another city . . . but you've already traveled quite a bit huh. Hmmmm . . . I dunno. Jon, it was so fun to hear from you! I may be back in Europe next year, only time will tell . . . but if I do I for SURE want to come see you guys. I was planning on being in Germany right now actually, but Katie Hogle got maried on Friday and I coulnd't miss it so I came home earlier than planned. By the way, I just have to tell you, I admire you SO MUCH for serving our country. THANK YOU! And Emily, you rock for being such a supportive wife through all of it, even when its so hard. You guys are my heros! Sorry for the way long comment.

Stacy said...

Hey Em! I wish I could come and visit, I have always wanted to go to Europe! But with a new baby, new house, and a new car ( I totally sympathize with you about the car), I don't think I could make it! Bummer! I can't wait to see some picts!

RegaNater said...

sorry to hear that em! For one of those days while he is gone you should Post some pictures of you guys, I am eagerly awaiting to see your life in Germany!

Joanna said...

UGH! Emily, if this weren't right in the middle of my semester, I would come to see you for the entire month. We could go to Italy and stay with my aunt and uncle... Maybe hit up Greece and Sicily since we didn't get to last time. love you . miss you. ciao.