Sunday, May 6, 2012

Side bun

I have been wanting to do more hair and beauty related posts on my blog lately but haven’t gotten around to posting any. Please don’t judge my first hair tutorial, and feel free to give me pointers on how to make them better or easier to understand as I figure all this out. So here goes the first of hopefully many.

The Side Bun

IMG_1353

Steps.

1. Sprinkle the Dust it or any type of texturizing powder at the roots lightly. Makes getting that volume and poof much easier. 

IMG_1361

2. Back comb (rat/tease) the hair to create fullness. Doesn’t need to be perfect. Oh and this is day 2 dirty hair by the way.

IMG_1360

3. Decide which side you want to go to and softly twist it back and secure by putting one bobby pin up into the twist.

IMG_1359IMG_1358

4. Take the remaining hair underneath the twist and create another twist below it and secure with another bobby pin. I used two because I have thicker hair.

IMG_1357IMG_1355

5. Sweep the other side that isn’t twisted back keeping your poof in and place a bobby pin going vertically into the section. IMG_1356

6. Now take all the hair that is now pulled to one side and back comb it. It should be big and ratty looking so don’t be alarmed. Then for this look, just gather the hair in your hands and fan it backward into the shape you want. I secured the bun with one bobby pin at the top and one coming from the underneath. I let some pieces sprout out at the top and bottom but if you prefer you can keep them all tucked in. IMG_1354

7. And you are done! I also use the same steps if I want to do a messy side bun sometimes. Just by literally shoving bobby pins into the ratted mess to create a messy bun instead of fanning it backwards into a bun. Let me know if you try it out, I would love to see pictures. IMG_1350

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Thanks for posting this Emily! I need to wash my hair tonight, but I am thinking I can go another day... SO I think I am going to try and do this tomorrow. Hopefully it turns out! Its an adorable hair do!