Sunday, January 11, 2009

More Baby Fun

My mom and sisters threw me a baby shower on Saturday. We had tons of yummy soups and desserts and had a great turn out. Thanks everyone for coming and for all the great gifts. It was fun to hang out and chat and see friends and family. I wish I would have got more pictures with people, but you just get occupied chatting away and forget.
Lori and I, the ribbon on her shoulder was from the "guess how big my belly is" game. My 9 year old niece won with an exact guess. Good job Morgan.

I just love these gals and wish we could see more of each other. Thanks for coming


I had to throw these two pics in because look how cute my nieces are. These were taken before the shower started.


Some of the goods from the shower. The rest of the diapers and wipes I got are in their drawers and ready to be used.

Some of the adorable blankets, and burp cloths

This picture is for you Sarah, now you can't keep scolding me about sending you a picture of the crib. Don't mind the stuff under the crib. I have limited storage space and I guess I need to go buy a crib skirt still.

I got a ton of cute clothes for this little man. I don't think we will have any problems finding him stuff to wear. I am so glad that I didn't go overboard buying clothes. Don't get me wrong I have bought some, but I controlled myself pretty good.

This was my group gift. I love it and can't wait to push him around in it. Hopefully this will help me be motivated to go on walks to loose this baby weight.



And today I am 37 weeks, so here is my 37 week picture. Yep, 3 weeks left. Two would be ideal, but I haven't felt too impatient yet for him to get here. Maybe because I am still finishing his dresser. Hopefully I can do that this week and then feel ready by 38 weeks.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are pregnant! I can't believe how big you've gotten/how fast they grow; it's truly amazing. I'm willing to bet that you are more than ready EM. What kind of mother would you be if you weren't nervous about being ready? You'll be great and I can't wait to see you two in a couple of months. I love that picture of you and your nieces. And that's a sweet stroller; do I detect a detachable car seat?

-Craig

The Garlock's said...

How fun, looks like you got some good stuff. I can't believe your little man is almost going to be here! Oh and I love that dress.

Sarah said...

Okay, so CUTE to everything... the crib, clothes, you, the pictures, your colors. The heartburn sucks. I know this may sound bad, but I would make myself throw up just to feel better. Pepcid works the best. Better than TUMS. They say heartburn means the baby will be hairy... it's so not true. Ethan and Isaac didn't have hair for the first year and I had heartburn. Leo was the worst. So I'm ready to come see you... so tell my nephew to get out! Love and miss you.

The Bells said...

Emily you are so cute!! I can't believe you are down to only 3 more weeks! How exciting! It's crazy how time seems to be going "fast" now, but wait until he is 3 weeks old! It's amazing! I am so excited for you! You are going to be such a cute mom! Good luck with everything!!

Anonymous said...

so fun to see your stuff in pictures. . wish i could have been there =( one of the hardest things about moving away is not being able to be there for all the fun "little" things!! you are looking so very cute!! can't believe only a few more weeks to go, next time i come down i will get to come see him. yeah!!
love the crib by the way . . it looks almost exactly the same as brooklyn's =) oh and no more wings yet!

Anonymous said...

em.. you look so stinkin cute! and you're going to be such a great mommy! love you!

Anonymous said...

i just posted a pic on my blog of brooklyn's crib for you to see!

The Haslam Family said...

Love that dress.. you look great. looks like you have everything ready. Love the crib colors. Sorry for the delay in response Nate gets all his airplane stuff at Viper Hobbies its on Greenfield and University. Cant wait to see the little boy. We would like to help so let me know when he is here.

Flaherty Fam said...

I love all the fun stuff and his crib and bedding are so cute. That is such a sweet pic with your nieces.

Wright Family said...

Emily - I hate that I missed it. I was coming even though I did not know you had to send an email to get invited. :) I was just not feeling well that morning. Hope you had a great time. You are the cutest pregnant girl ever!!!!!

Heather said...

I love Kason, that's super cute!

It looks like you've been having lots of fun, baby showers are the best! I remember after my shower I would just go through everything everyday just 'cause it made me so excited! You're getting so close! Enjoy the next couple weeks and I can't wait to see pictures of your newborn!

Unknown said...

So fun. You got so way cute stuff. I am so excited for you guys and you look great by the way!!