Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hooray for Jace

So, I just had to write this down for his Daddy to read and for any other first time moms to enjoy. Jace had official first real poopy diaper today. You know, not those black tar ones. Anyway, so I am changing his diaper and Jace thought it would be funny to shoot me with poo, no joke it shot out nearly 2 feet. Then he continued to go for about 5 more minutes. I would start to put a new diaper on and then bam it would hit again. Then he thought hey why not pee right now too. So, 3 diapers later and way too many wipes he was good to go. My mom and I were dying laughing. Oh, and I had just given him a bath and washed his changing pad today. I love him so much, more and more each day. I love learning all the little things that go with being a mom. First lesson learned, babies do indeed have quite the sprayer, whether it be with poop or pee, be prepared with lots of wipes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, the cool air will do that (with the pee I mean). As for the other bit; most unfortunate;-)

-Craig

Tifani said...

wow. I have had that happen!!! I usually keep a wipe laying on his little pee pee while I would change Doyle. Worked great. LOL!!! I can just see you and your mom standing there laughing. I love it!!!! Love you all and good luck with that!!!!

Rooney Family said...

I love this story! It makes me so excited to have our little guy around. (as crazy as that sounds) My girls did that too, more than a few times. Bentlee still pees sometimes when shes getting in and out of the bath. (you just get use to it)It sounds like you are loving being a mom.It's the best thing in the entire world. I am so happy for you and Jon.

ANDERSONS said...

I am glad to hear everything is going good with Jace, he is such a cute little guy! And I have heard from alot of people to be careful with boys and changing there diapers cause you never know when they will get you:)

Lacey said...

ha ha, I love it. I had quite a good laugh reading this post. He is getting cuter and cuter if that is at all possible. Love ya, soooo looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Heather said...

Yay, you had your baby, And he is adorable!!! I'm so glad everything went smoothly for you. And I love the poopy story, there will be many more to come!!! Good luck with everything, and I can't wait to hear more updates! It makes me so anxious for my little man to be here!

PS- Don't look that cute during labor! I feel like I need my hair freshly died with a headband placed so perfectly in it! Too cute!

Aunt Tawnya said...

Em....I love all your cute posts about Jace! All those pics of him are soooo cute! Love you! I am glad things are going well.