Well, Jace had his first doctor's appointment yesterday. He is doing great and he only lost 6 oz which puts him at 5 lbs 15 oz. His doc said that is totally normal and that he looks very healthy and perfect in every way, which I already knew. He is 5 days old today and is starting to get a little better at this whole breast feeding business. He just gets so pooped out trying to eat and usually crashes before he finishes. Which ends up in me pumping so I don't explode. Man, I never thought breast feeding would be hard like this. I know it will get better it just takes time. Oh, and his umbilical cord fell off yesterday. Only four days, I was surprised. I think we'll do a few more sponge baths though until his little pee pee can heal some more. Hope none of this is too much info, but it's all my life consists of now and I love it. Anyway, I have to say thank you so much for all your sweet comments. I loved every one of them. And about the headbands, I'm not sure yet if I want to venture out into selling them, but maybe I'll post some that I have done and if you see one you like let me know and I'll sell you one. I am thinking when I have time I will post the directions on how to make them so if your feeling crafty you can make one your self. They are super easy. Well, that's about it for now, below is a few more pics of my favorite little man ever. Sorry, but I have new mommy syndrome where I am obsessed with my baby and taking lots of pictures. I can't help myself. =)
He is obsessed with his hands in his face and he always wants to be cuddled in a little ball.
Jace with his Meme, thank heavens for my mom! She has been a tremendous help with taking shifts with me and letting me catch up on my sleep. I don't know what I would do with out her. I would be a walking zombie that's for sure. Love you Mom.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
These pictures are heart-melting. I wouldn't be to concerned with an "obsession", it's perfectly understandable. I mean LOOK AT HIM!!!
- Craig
You can never take enough pictures as a mother!! He is soo Cute! Poor guy, I hate when they have to get snipped down there. It looks soo painfull. Also good luck on the boob feeding. I hope it works with you, maybe you are more patient than me.
Love Mary
awww the pictures are just so cute! I especially love that last one! : )
Sounds like things are going well!!!!I love all the pics and would love them to keep coming!!! I am soooooooo baby hungry and this is giving me a "little" fix, thanks and I can't wait to hold him!!!! and eat him up just a little. love ya tons
Tif
oh my gosh em- he is so stinking cute!!! i'm so glad everything went good for you. p.s. LOVE my headband- it's darling!! that's funny so many people have loved them!
*hopefully my little girl will be here soon so her & jace can start lovin on each other!!
Emily, He has your lips! I love the last picture of him. You and Jonathan sure know how to make one cute kid. I love hearing about your mommy experiences. Now you know why I don't nurse. With already having anxiety and depression.... nursing made it seem worse. Good luck with it. Love you and Jonathan too!! Smooches. me
Congrats on the baby!! he is so so cute, big beautiful eyes, I love it! Being a mom is so awesome isn't it?!
I have to come over so I can hold him some more and not fight my nieces for turns. :) I am going to call you next week and try to come over when it is a good time for you. Jadyn has preschool on M/W/F so hopefully one of those days. Jadyn wants to come over sometime with me so she can see him. She asked me when she can she Emily's baby. She loves Gage! Em...I am so happy for you. Keep snapping all those pics espec for Jonathon!! Love you so much!!
Post a Comment