Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday Girl

Today is my best friend Leah's 23rd Birthday. I can't believe we are 23 years old. It seems like yesterday we were playing in preschool together and making mud pies on my roof, or letting her talk me into eating a worm with lemon juice on it for a dollar which she has yet to pay me. I have so many memories with her, I wish I could bottle them all up and save them forever. We have been friends for going on 19 years now, so ya basically my whole life. I had to post some old pics since Jo didn't post the buddy shots. Unfortunately all my pictures are either in storage or in Germany. These were the few pics I was able to find at my moms house. I love you Leah and I know we have so many more years ahead of us to make great memories like these. We are going to be cruisin' in style when we are old together, I can't wait. Hope your birthday was amazing hiking the Grand Canyon.

The fish hatchery
Leah, Me, Chelsea

Helping Clear tables at my sisters wedding

Chelsea, Leah, Brittany

Yes, this is a classic picture I know. This is our 9Th grade formal dance. I guess I took the word formal very literal, check out my dress.

One of her favorite things to do is hiking, hence why she is hiking the Grand Canyon on her birthday.

Us in New York, she is way into fashion and loved NYC. I can't wait for us girls to go back someday. I wanted her to visit me in Germany so I could take her to Paris. I know she would love it. Now her brother lives in Germany and I hope she gets the chance to visit him, because she would totally fit in perfect in Europe.

She is always up for anything fun and crazy. Laughing and making people laugh is her specialty.

I have so many pictures of us it's hard to narrow it down. This is at my 3d ultrasound. She is the best friend that you can count on to be there for you every step of the way. I love her to death and can't imagine my life with out her in it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some rockin' shorts you had on at the fish hatchery!

- Craig

Flaherty Fam said...

What a fun blast into the past. I bet your friend loved your post.

Flaherty Fam said...

By the way, I love your dresser. It turned out soooo cute.

Leah Fitts said...

ok really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man we were ugly back in the day... well at least i was! thanks for making me feel special, i truly do love you ems! i love all our memories too.... also the dollar for the worm will be delivered next time i see you!

The Lake's said...

Ok we have been friends forever its great I love it! I love that there are so many ugly pics of us back in the day! I mean really what was i wearing at the fish hatchery?

Lyndsay said...

Classic pictures! Thanks for sharing! :)

Brittany said...

Okay, I was shocked to see my picture. I was so gross. I totally remember helping at your sister's wedding. Good times.