So, I found this at DI for 50 bucks and thought with a little TLC it could be cute for the baby dresser. I forgot to take a picture before I removed the ugly brass handles, but you get the idea.

Before

After stripping and sanding it, my mom helped me with this part so I didn't have to be around the dust and stuff so much.

The finished product, after one coat of primer, two coats of paint, sanding the edges, then staining them and two coats of sealer. Don't worry I did this outside with a mask on. I'm sure I looked pretty cool.

It's by far close to perfect but I thought it turned out cute for my first attempt. The handles were tricky cuz I had to find ones that lined up with the previous holes. Thank goodness for Hobby Lobby and all their cute stuff. I still need to paint the screws but I am just happy to have it done and I put all his baby clothes away. I can now mark this one off my To Do List.
9 comments:
Looks good Emily. Good job.
- Craig
Good Job, it looks really good!
Love the dresser, and of course Hobby lobby too!
Wow, looks awesome. Way to go. Sorry I missed your shower. I had to work. I know I work like crazy and it sucks missing things.
Excellent job..! That baby dresser is looking fabulous. White color is very attractive.
Way to go Emmie lou!!!!! I love it
It looks great Em! You are so crafty and can make a piece turn into a masterpiece!
I love it! I am thinking of doing the same thing. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it can turn out as cute as yours. And yes, Hobby Lobby is the BEST!
So hate you, love the dresser and I'm a virgin to Hobby Lobby. Guess I'm gonna have to go sometime. Miss you. How are you feeling? Anything yet? Smooches, me
Post a Comment