Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tons of Pics

I figured I would get some of these pics loaded from the last few days since my cousin Melissa has been here. That way I won't have so many to blog once we get home from London and Prague. We have had a blast so far. We went to Bayreuth on Friday and saw some sights there then drove to Graf and had dinner with Jon and picked up his Navigon to use. Then Saturday we drove to the Rhine river and took the beautiful scenic route up the Rhine. There are tons of castles along the way. We stopped in 2 towns, Bacharach and St. Goar.







These are pics of the Rheinfels Castle. It is seriously massive and you can pretty much explore the entire thing without a tour guide which is nice. It was built in 1245 and is only a portion of it's original size after the French Revolutionary army destroyed it in 1797. I couldn't believe it was once much larger than it already is.
Being goofy/posing for some pics
She is so photogenic, I hate her! Ok, so I love her but jealous. =)



Dinner in Grafenwoehr
View of the Rhine
Some castles along the way

Church in Bacharach


Bayreuth

New Palace of Bayreuth


Park and gardens of the New Palace

I love all the flowers in Germany. It is such a perfect time of year to visit Germany. Perfect weather, and everything is green and blooming.

17 comments:

Lacey said...

Em, those are some seriously beautiful pictures. I wish I was there. Love you and glad Melissa is there to have fun with you! Enjoy your time!

Aunt Tawnya said...

WOW, it looks like you are having so much fun. I am jealous. I hope all is well. Miss you Emily. Love you tons! Taya, Kinzi, and I need to come visit you.

Kamala Crockett said...

Oh I'm so jealous! Looks like you two are having so much fun!!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

I'm so jealous! I wanna go to a castle! I so glad that you are having fun. It is so beautiful there! Aunt Tawnya's right, we really do need to come visit. How much longer are you gonna be there? I need to know how long I have to save up! Love ya!

Flaherty Fam said...

I am so jealous. What a fun time you are having...definately once in a lifetime opportunity. My wish is to travel the world and see all the cool places this world has to offer. Still love those boots of yours.

The Garlock's said...

Looks like so much fun! I love that it is so green and pretty there. I am very jealous and can't wait to travel someday, hopefully soon. I will have to talk to you to see where the best places to go are!

Heather said...

I am finding myself getting extremely jealous of all the beautiful things you get to see, soak it in girl! I wish AZ was like that!

Yolanda said...

Wow, wow, and wow! So so pretty, just like a postcard over and over again. You're making some great memories for yourself. I bet you're loving every bit of it. I'm so glad you two get to be together a little more often, at least more than before anyways. I hope you're loving life and Happy Anniversary! That's so funny you both forgot, what are the chances? Love you girl, take care!
Yo

Mary Ann said...

i can't believe you live in a place so beautiful!! lucky! great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! Your pictures are so amazing! Looks like you guys had so much fun! My blog is going private and I need your email...here is mine so you can email it to me! Thanks hon! Lyndseysouth@gmail.com

Heather said...

Sorry to leave you hangin'. If I could explain exactly what happened I would, but I'll tell you this. Just imagine room service just unlocking the door and coming in when you're there celebrating your anniversary! Does that give you an idea? LOL, I still can't believe it really happened to us!

Truly and Shane said...

OH MY GOSH! You are literally living my dream and it's your freakin everyday life!!!!! :)

Taya said...

you gotta call me asap!!!

Leah Fitts said...

okay number 1 i have no idea what the girls name is that is next to me in the picture.. she is stacys friend . number 2 i have no friends they are in germany or africa... number 3 i need you ! i miss you so much and watching american idol last night i realized that i dont like crying by myself. what is the deal with the move and stuff any new news? and i got your aunt takin care off... and i need you. LOVE YA!

[re]becca said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Can't wait to come see ya this summer! :D

Unknown said...

Emmie...gotta tell you. I LOVE the pictures. I wish Nathan and I could come see you before that window closes! NOW, I have to say that I keep checking your blog thinking, "Today, FOR SURE, she posted something else." Then slowly but surly I realize it's not going to happen. OKAY, love you, want some more of your news!

theniufamily said...

Ok that looke so pretty there. Is it bad that I didnt even know you were living in Germany. The "Long awaited Hug" picture to so sweet!