I have been playing around with my hair a lot lately, since A. It’s getting long enough to do so, and B. I like experimenting with ways to show my clients how to do their own hair. Braids are huge right now, despite my husbands despise for them, so I thought I would share a little tip with you all. This is an easy version of the waterfall braid tutorials I have been seeing everywhere. I watched several and came to the conclusion this easy version is almost as good.
Step 1- back comb your hair for volume, Step 2- clip a section of hair on top out of the way, Step 3- either french braid or french twist (same as french braid only with 2 sections instead of 3) the section of hair right below the clipped off hair, Step 4- bobby pin the braid and then separate the clipped off hair into smaller vertical sections and begin pulling them down into the braid at different spots. Viola easy peasy. What’s fun about this is it gives your braid a lot of volume on top and you can play around with wearing it up or down or how far around your head you want the braid/twist to wrap. Give it a try, it’s great for getting that hot hair off your face for summer. Feel free to comment with any hair questions you have.
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Hair fun
Posted by
emmielou
at
8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
I love this! It looks so cute... now if I can actually do it and make it look cute, thats a whole other issue. But I am definitely going to try this!
You're going to have to show me how to do this when I come out!! so cute!
Um can you just do it for me and then show me how to do brooke's since I can't French braid
Yeah I've been loving all the braiding that's become popular. I don't think I've ever seen your hair this long, super cute!
It looks beautiful! YAY! I love finding AZ bloggers!
Hahaha your husband despises braids?! How come? That is funny!
And I love this hair do!
Oh boy, I can't wait to try this! [cough] ;-)
Emily I thought this would be easy but that sounds hard to me. I need a head to practice on besides my own. It is so cute though!
pretty! my hair is too long for that, but it looks great on you!
I think I need some pics of each step. This is adorable, but it makes no sense to me on how to do it. I'm disabled at doing my own hair, but great at other people. Lol
Booby pins huh? Hmm, those must be new, I'll have to get some! ;) And ps-your hair would look good no matter what, then there's me with my thing straggles....my braids definitely don't look as good as yours with thin hair.
She leaves braids everywhere! I dont think you understand EVERYWHERE!!
Post a Comment