Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Two Weeks Down

Well my friends, it’s been two weeks tomorrow since baby Luke made his arrival into our family. We love this little guy so much and are so blessed with a healthy baby. I will be honest and say this two weeks has been definitely different/harder than I expected. I chalk it up to the baby blues which I never experienced after Jace. I am so glad they only lasted about a week and a half because feeling emotional and out of control is no fun at all. Especially when you just want to be happy that your precious baby is in your arms. I am so thankful for my family and friends who helped by either bringing us dinner, taking Jace (thanks mom and dad), talking on the phone with me, or straight up listening to me cry for no reason. Anyway, the blues are gone and I am feeling much better besides being tired which is normal and something mothers can handle.
Luke is still in the sleep all day phase and up at night, and it’s hilarious how completely out cold he is during the day. You forget how tiny and cuddly newborns are. They grow too fast, which is something all of us moms say but it’s so true. Jon is doing good adjusting to 2 especially now that his wife isn’t so nuts, haha. I start work again on April 19th and am curious to see how we all adjust, hopefully it goes smooth.
Jace has been so sweet with Luke and gives him kisses all day. He loves to help whenever he can by getting me diapers and wipes and throwing away the baby diapers too. Him and Jon have been sick so once we are in better health around here, life should be much better. Jace’s fever last night got up to nearly 103 degrees, poor guy.
Whelp, that about sums up life around here for the next while. I leave you with some pics for making it though another long post.
626079117_2236804236_608979453_1300680039044
626080654_2236809893_608980968_1300679985332
DSC05515
DSC05520
DSC05528
DSC05531
DSC05533

4 comments:

Lauren and Jason said...

He's so cute! I absolutely love the little Emerica and Volcom outfits! You have to tell me where you got them. I'm glad Jace is feeling better, too.

Herla cyning said...

What an adorable little boy you've got there, both really. You two sure know how to produce cute kids.

Rooney Family said...

so cute! I got the baby blues w/ all my kids except the last but some worse than others! Good luck! Congrats

Brittany said...

Congrats on baby #2. He is such a cute little man and I LOVE the name Luke! It was so fun getting to see you and all the other girls at Nicole's shower! Let us know how adjusting to 2 kids is... I am scared to take the plunge! :)