Sunday, March 20, 2011

Luke Thomas Anderson

Baby Luke made it here all safe and sound. I want to write down the birth story so I will always remember it. Lets start with saying Luke came pretty much as I had planned as far as timing goes. I was due March 29th but booked clients at work until the 16th knowing I could get stripped that day and possibly go into labor soon after like I did with Jace. I was stripped at 38 weeks too with Jace and went into labor that night and had him the next day. I was hoping for same results and hoping to have him the 17th on my moms birthday. I knew it could not be the same but hey a girl can make plans right.

I finally had made it through my last day of work and boy was I exhausted and my body was so glad I was done with work for a while. Not to mention I started having contractions basically every night from 36 weeks on. I was so done with the no sleep and painful contractions with no baby. I went in Wednesday morning to my 38 week checkup and was dialated to a 4 and 80 % efaced. Yay, I had made more progress. Jon and I spent the afternoon running errands and went to lunch at Sauce.

We went to my parents to visit and I started having contractions there at 3:30. Lori and her kids were there too so Morgan and my mom and Lori were timing my contractions. Jon was visting Tom. I wasn’t sure if this was the real deal, until they started coming every 3 mins and getting more intense. I called Jon to come home it was time to head to the hospital. We left at 5:30 and got to the hospital and checked in. By 6:15 I was in triage dialated to a 7 and in really bad pain. Luckily the crew were so speedy fast and got me in my room and with an Epidural before 7. Pure heaven after that baby kicked in. We watched a little AI and I started feeling some pressure.

Huish was on his way so the nurse came and checked me. Yep you are ready she said. Seriously, I couldn’t believe it, that was fast. Once Huish got there he came in and was going to break my water since it hadn’t broke yet on it’s own. They got both legs up and Huish was about to move me down when my water exploded on it’s own all over him. He wasn’t even dressed yet and was still in nice slacks and dress shirt. Sorry! I never knew water could break like that, it shot out like a fire hose and splatting all over the floor. We were all dying laughing.

It was time to push a little after 8pm and I pushed for a few minutes and baby Luke arrived at 8:14pm, 2 short hours after arriving at the hospital. I couldn’t believe it was over and I was holding my new little man. Jon watched the entire thing even after months of swearing he wasn’t going to even look down there. His curiosity got to him and he couldn’t look away.

Wow, this was really long and I will be amazed if anybody makes it to the end, haha.

DSC05478

DSC05479

DSC05480

DSC05483

DSC05485

DSC05493

DSC05511

10 comments:

Dani Miller said...

Loved the story! Thanks for sharing... welcome to the world baby Luke!

JMBurns said...

He's so cute! Congratulations!

Herla cyning said...

That's a great story, Em.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Emily! He is so cute!! I hope when I decide to have kids, my labor stories sound like yours! Hah! Congrats again!

Jacqui said...

Congrats! And of course I read every detail till the end since I have Huish too and will have to do this in a few months! I hope it is as fast as yours! (And as early!)

EmilyHerb18 said...

Congrats Em! You're so lucky to have such a short labor. Amazing. And little Luke is adorable. Good work! Love you!

Tatum and Chase Rasmussen said...

What a cutie! Congrats:)

Jen Beals said...

He's so adorable and tiny! let us know if we can help out with anything even if it's just to watch the kids so you can shower. we're just around the corner so don't hesitate to ask!

Lyndsay said...

Congratulations! Your little family is so cute!!

Tiffany + Drew said...

Congrats! Hope my labor goes as well as yours did!