Sunday, December 5, 2010

Time is flying by

Jon and I spent the last week at my sisters house watching her 4 kids while they were in Hawaii. The week went pretty dang good, thanks to her kids being basically angels for us. Besides the minor fighting between my almost 2 year old and her 4 year old, we had no other problems. Which I just laughed at most the time cuz it was so funny to watch them interact. It made me really excited to see my two boys interact and play together as they get older. During our week, Morgan had spirit week, which of coarse included crazy hair day. I decided to go big or go home, literally. She let me do this to her hair

She was even a good sport when we brushed it out
Friday night we took the kids to my parents to spend the weekend there until they got home, so Jon and I went on a much needed date, just the 2 of us. Things get hectic and you forget how much you love spending time with your spouse, at least I know we do. It was so nice to just talk through dinner about whatever, even though it usually ends up being about Jace or the baby on the way. Oh, and please take notice that I convinced Jon to shave and cut his hair. Ok, maybe he joined the reserves and had to cut and shave soon anyway, but either way he did it and he his freaking hott!
I made my first ornament wreath for my door. I think it turned out cute and adds some Christmas cheer to our lovely door.
Jace being cute with Mr. Snowman. Also side note, we are in the process of getting rid of the bottle. He only gets a bottle before bed and one when he wakes up. It's been about a week now and he is still asking for it throughout the day, but it's getting better. 
About to give him kisses. Jace has been so much fun lately and his talking has exploded. He says everything and it's so fun. 

3 comments:

Shay said...

Your are GORGEOUS and that wreath is so cute! I love that you call your door "lovely" ha

Anonymous said...

As usual, you are all looking "lovely." Something comes to mind, however, a young child with which we are both familiar, who was always pacified with a bottle and who's teeth were all brown and rotten -- not that you would ever let that happen to Jace; the thought is just horrifying.

P.S. Did you say that your husband joined the reserves? I shall have to harass him for information.

- R.C.B.

emmielou said...

Craig, how could I forget, that was so sad. I felt bad for those kids. Who knows how long they sat in those porta-cribs during the day. Thanks for reminding me not to be a neglectful mother though, haha. And yes he joined he should give you a call.