Monday, November 22, 2010

Started Christmas Early this year

Diana and I had a craft night and whipped out these fun plaques. Not bad considering it was a spontaneous craft night. We started with some wall decor that I got from goodwill.
Before-I picked these cuties up at good will for a couple bucks

Added some paint and paper and viola

This pic doesn't even do my tree justice. My mom came over Saturday and helped me put it up, aka showed me how to do most of it. She is brilliant when it comes to trees and I love the outcome. She needs to come over again and do some tweaking cuz she left it up to me to put the ribbon on, haha.

Do you see that cute tree topper, I love it ! I wanted my theme to be whimsical and fun, almost Dr. Seuss  like. My stockings I am making are what inspired my tree theme. Can't wait to show you all my stockings when they are done.

I also started on decorating my buffet. I took the pumpkins down and am loving the change to Christmas stuff. I am going to add fun ball ornaments in the striped and polka dot bowls. And I am making a sign to go up front, but my stockings and my stocking board have to get done first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Em.

-RCB

Unknown said...

LOVE your tree Em. I love the Hat tree topper!

Shay said...

You are so crafty, I love your decorations! Your house must be so stinking cute! Ps- you need to text me the name of that person we were talking about;-)

Lyndsay said...

cute decor Emily, makes me want to craft! Hope you and your little family are doing well!