Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fussy baby

Jace has been really fussy the past few weeks due to his upset stomach and constipation. So regretfully I have decided to go off chocolate completely for 2 weeks at least and see if this helps him. If it does I may have to stay off it until I am done breastfeeding. It would be worth it for my little man. For anyone who knows me, you know this is a huge sacrifice for me cuz I am addicted to chocolate. It's the end of day two and I'm still going strong. Yes, I know two days is nothing, but for me this is huge! I figured if I posted it on my blog for all to see it might help me stay more motivated knowing I told everyone about it. So, wish me luck and if anyone has any suggestions for constipated babies let me know. I already tried the whole caro syrup or molasses and it did absolutely nothing.

6 comments:

TheShumWAYS said...

Chocolate is the one thing that makes Kaymie super fussy and it makes her not sleep well either. Now that she is 5 months I can have a tiny tiny bit... but for me it is hard to stop so I just stay away! Good luck

dan and ashley said...

aw poor baby J more power to ya girl! maybe i should join ya to lose this baby weight....

Michelle Simmons said...

Hey girl.. So being a mother of Three boys I know how hard this is... But there is a wonderful thing called Mylicon. It is like tums for babies.. It was the only thing that saved my three boys and their little tummies... You can get it at wal-mart, target, walgreens.. Just about anywhere.. Worth a shot..... Hope it gets better.. And good luck with the Chocolate!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is quite the sacrifice, good luck. Try giving him a little apple cider... just a little.

-Craig

The Lake's said...

Hey Em, I know what living with a fussy baby is like and it's rough! Abby got really constipated once and The dr said I could get a tiny bit of prune juice and mix it with a little water, that seemed to help. Also if you are giving him any formula at all that might be the problem b/c of the iron in them so I use Similac Sensitive formula, its milk based but Lactose free and easier to digest. Hope this helps I know its hard I feel your pain. call me if you need to vent

Mary said...

Well I never breast fed, but Caden was constipated. Makenna was a collicy baby, and Olivia constipated. Anyways I got a prescription for Caden. It is a supository. They look huge as a horse pill, but you only take about 1/4 of it and put it up his hole. It is suppose to lubricate everything in there. You could ask your doctor for some.
For Olivia she is much bigger, but
I used her nose sucker (cleaned it out) put purified water and something else (brain fart) anyways then I sprayed it up her butt. Within minutes she had this huge gushy fart. It all didn't come out but later that evening it did. You could look online to find the mixture for it. Anyways goodluck. It is so freakin hard when babies whine and you can't do anything for them. Give him to your mom, so you can take a little break. I know I would need one, especially when Makenna was Colicy.